Tour of Britain / Cheltenham Festival of Cycling Event
The town centre was transformed with a festival vibe as 120 elite cyclists raced through Cheltenham, in a bid to finish first in the penultimate stage of the Tour of Britain. The event attracted more than 40,000 spectators and generated over £1.1 million in local revenue!
To generate public interest in the weeks leading up to the event and promote the festival around the historic Spa town of Cheltenham as well as setting up a marketing plan and event for the big day itself.
- apt, Cheltenham Borough Council, The Cheltenham BID & The Cheltenham Trust collectively created a brand identity and logo to celebrate the Tour of Britain’s arrival and the Cheltenham Festival of Cycling
- Leaflets, programmes, bunting, crash banners, finish arch logos, lamppost pennants and soft banners were all created to promote the big day
- A 25ft V.I.P hospitality yurt was installed in Montpellier Gardens
- Michelin Star and Bib Gourmand awarded chef, Made By Bob catered for the V.I.Ps on the day
- Live television coverage on Eurosport and ITV4 with news bulletins throughout the day
- Live radio coverage on BBC Radio 2 and BBC Radio Five Live
- 560,000 watched the Penultimate Stage on ITV4
- Tour of Britain was shown in France, Italy & Belgium amongst others
- Eurosport has more than 231 million cumulative subscribers worldwide, across 91 countries
- The race was featured in 12 national newspapers with 9 consecutive days coverage in The Telegraph, Guardian & iPaper
- The Cotswolds received 12,500 entries into a nights stay competition whilst the Tour of Britain arrives
- 50+ lime green bikes featured in the Green Bike Trail
- Across the 20 teams at the 2017 Tour of Britain they had a reach of 3 million Twitter followers, 3.9 million Facebook likes, 2.1 million Instagram followers, and 250k YouTube subscribers